CMAs are in demand. With a powerful combination of left- and right-brain thinking grounded in strategic
management accounting skills, there's no question why more organizations are choosing CMAs to lead their
business. In fact, a national survey conducted by EKOS Research Associates Inc. showed that CMAs continue to
be the leading employer preference for hiring mid- and senior-level financial management professionals.
It pays to be a CMA:
- 68% of CMAs hold an executive, senior or middle-management position
- average salary for CMAs in 2011 was $137,500
- average salary for CMA candidates in 2011 was $72,400
Use the links on the right-hand side to see who's hiring CMAs to lead their organization and to see why it
pays to be a CMA.
Career and Employment Resources
As part of our service to members and students, CMA Alberta provides career related resources and
assistance in the following areas:
- Supporting job seekers with coaching and advice on resumes, interview skills, job search strategies and
career planning, and referral to recruitment agencies.
- Collaborating with employers and external agencies to provide support services and programs for
internationally trained accounting professionals.
- Providing downloadable resources and links to pertinent job search and career management web pages.
- Liaising with Key Employers on professional accounting skillsets, and the benefits of hiring and
supporting designated CMAs and students enrolled in CMA education programs.
To learn more, please contact the Career Services